Web Developer Intern
Are you looking to break into the Development/Digital Marketing industry – and get paid to learn skills that can guarantee you earning potential for an entire career? Then, look no further, because WrightIMC is looking for its next website development intern.
Our philosophy is to promote from within, which is why most of our fulltime team members were hired originally as paid interns. We train interns (we like to think of them as full-time job candidates) on WrightIMC’s approach to holistic online marketing. As an intern, we expect you to be a part of the team. You won’t be making coffee runs or taking lunch orders. You’ll be given real work with real deadlines.
You must submit a portfolio of your work to be considered for this position. We want to be able to accurately assess your skills – simple as that.
Web Developer Requirements:
- HTML and CSS experience.
- Experience with WordPress. Other platforms are a plus (Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, etc)
- Must be able to install, setup, create templates and manage a WordPress site.
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign,) and Dreamweaver. Other design/development tools are a plus.
- Ability to code for cross-browser compatibility and ability to troubleshoot as necessary is a plus
- Understandings of W3C open web standards.
- Working knowledge with Responsive UX, CSS3, and HTML5.
- Have basic knowledge of developing sites using SEO processes and tools (Google Analytics, Web Master Tools, etc).
- Are up to date on industry news and trends
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under timely situations
- Please be able to provide your web portfolio with recent examples.
- Your portfolio should include a range of development skills.
- Experience with responsive UX
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or another applicable field
You will be expected to spend time outside of work researching and stay current on industry trends. This means time researching, reading and testing out new techniques during your free time. For the right person that is a pleasure, rather than a chore. We have our own processes that may be different than what you learned somewhere else. And, they work well, so we expect our employees to follow them.
This position is based in our offices in Plano, Texas, and we will not consider candidates who need to work from home or other geographic locations. Any agencies or off-shore applicants will be wasting their time responding to this ad. Successful candidates must be able to work in the United States.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. WrightIMC offers full benefits to all full-time employees and is an equal opportunity employer.
*Be sure to name your resume and cover letter as follows: WIMC Developer/Designer – [Your Name]