WrightIMC Internship Position
Are you looking to break into the Digital Marketing industry – and get paid to learn skills that can guarantee you earning potential for an entire career? Then, look no further, because WrightIMC is looking for its next SEO Rockstar intern.
Our philosophy is to promote from within, which is why most of our fulltime team members were hired originally as paid interns. We train interns (we like to think of them as full-time job candidates) on WrightIMC’s approach to holistic online marketing. As an intern, we expect you to be a part of the team. You won’t be making coffee runs or taking lunch orders. You’ll be given real work with real deadlines.
Because we promote from within when possible, our intern program is designed to better your skills and knowledge of the field. Each intern has the option of getting Google Analytics and Google AdWords certified at the company’s expense – a benefit to you, the company, and the client. We also require each team member (including interns) to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME), which is a team member who wants to have advanced or specialized knowledge in a specialized area of our industry. SMEs are given the opportunity to use company resources to go to conferences and/or purchase any learning material needed to know more about their designated subject matter.
As a team member of WrightIMC, you will have access to local networking events such as DFWSEM, DFWIMA, and SMCDallas. You will also have access to any special events that WrightIMC covers should you want to volunteer.
So, what are we looking for in an internship candidate?
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- A passion and love for the Internet and Internet Marketing culture
- Strong attention to detail
- A basic knowledge of search engines and ranking factors (Show us in your cover letter.)
- An ability to generate unique ideas and solutions for common or difficult problems
- Industry knowledge and resources to keep up-to-date on industry news and developments
- Strong written (samples if you have them) and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal communication skills (you need to get along with lots of coworkers)
- The ability to learn new applications and tools quickly
- An understanding of online communities and forums, (blogger.com, tumblr.com, etc.)
- A basic understanding of HTML
- The ability to sign-up for and create free blogs, forums and/or pages
- Knowledge of SEO industry and tools (Moz, SEJ, SEM Rush, etc.)
- Google Analytics and Adwords Certification
- Development and design skills (Show us your portfolio.)
We can teach you 60% of what you need to know, but we expect you to spend time researching and learning the remaining 40% of the trade in Internet marketing. This means time researching, practicing and reading during your free time. For the right person that is a pleasure, rather than a chore. If you already have a lot of SEO/SEM experience, you must also have an open mind. We have our own process that may be different than what you learned somewhere else. And, it works well, so we expect our employees to follow it.