Four years ago, the American Heart Association wondered if an online marketing strategy would work for their site, OnlineAHA.org, an online division of their training programs. WrightIMC recommended a three-month test with minimal costs to determine the viability of Online Marketing. By the end of the test, WrightIMC determined that the campaign was indeed profitable and that OnlineAHA should proceed with the campaign in its entirety. Since inception, the American Heart Association/OnlineAHA has experienced record-breaking sales and traffic every year that the campaign was active.
The strategy consisted of the following:
- improve the findability of OnlineAHA web pages in organic search results of search engines;
- implement a pay-per-click advertising campaign in search engine search results pages to drive qualified traffic and generate revenue;
- utilize pay-per-click ads on related websites to drive qualified traffic; and
- create various banner ads to advertise on Google’s Display network.
- $25 million in new revenue
- 25% increase in traffic (year-over-year)
- 382% ROI (return on investment)